This week I’ve been setting new goals and writing out a schedule of new blog posts for the next coming weeks and I can’t help but think about all of the amazing things that have happened over the past year.
2017 brought about so many changes in my life and I could not have imagined I’d be where I am today.
- We purchased a house in December of 2016 and rang in the new year in our new home.
- We spent the first few months planning our wedding and making so many fun memories.
- I met my favorite person on this planet- Tim Tebow.
- We had our joint bridal shower.
- We celebrated our bachelor/bachelorette parties
- We got MARRIED
- We honeymooned in Cancun – see my review here
- We watched several friends get married! and spent a lot of time in the sun
- We went to Disney (Andy’s first time)
- I started my blogging journey
- AND These were our first holidays as husband and wife and we were so happy to start new traditions together!
In 2017 I learned a few lessons also.
I started this blog because I wanted to have a creative outlet to share all the things I love. I’ve always loved fashion, running, cooking, trying new things and writing. I admire so many influencers on instagram and I decided to put myself out there. I wanted it to happen immediately but I’ve been patient trying to piece together a website and blog I can be proud of.
Starting this blog has taught me that not everyone is going to like me and that is OKAY. People I thought were my friends were unsupportive. “Friends” who make fun of you for putting yourself out there are not your friends. For the first several weeks I was so nervous to make a post or to “share” links on Facebook or to even mention my blog in general. I have slowly learned that its okay if you do not like the outfit I post or the blog I share. There is no place in my life for negativity and I have to be myself!! 2017 taught me to surround myself with all the things and people who make me happy and Since October I have done just that.
2018 is so full of opportunity and I’m so excited to see what it brings!